Who is the Bible’s wisest fool?
In 1 Kings Chapter 10 we see Solomon’s fame, wealth, and power. No one was wiser, more famous, or powerful than he. It was all due to his obedience in following God’s plan.
Solomon drifted from the truth of God, the Giver of all his wisdom and power, and ended in a “slippery place”. We must learn from his mistakes or it can happen to us.
Consider the word corrupt.
If a virus “corrupts” your computer you could loose all the information that was saved.
Corruption in government and public officials leads to mistrust and waste.
King Solomon fell from where God wanted him to be when his heart became corrupt.
Definition of CORRUPT
1. to change from good to bad in morals, manners, or actions
2. to degrade with unsound principles or moral values
3. to alter from the original or correct form
4. to become tainted, rotten or morally debased
5. to cause disintegration or ruin
In other words Solomon changed his focus from pleasing God to pleasing self.
Where is your focus today?
Have a good Godly day.