Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Steps

The Word gives us instruction on our relationship with God. The following are six steps to take in coming close to the Lord and receiving wisdom.

The Preparation
Psalm 46:10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;  I will be exalted among the nations,  I will be exalted in the earth.”
Quiet yourself before the Creator, ask for knowledge, and know that He is God.
The Path
James 4:8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Come close to God, humble yourself, ask for forgiveness, and repent from your wicked ways.
The Plan
Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Ask for his mind, plan, and purpose. Seek Him with all your being.
The Prayer
Ephesians 3:12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
With the boldness of a child, come before the Lord knowing He is listening.
The Promise
Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.
God is not hiding. You show your love by obeying His ways.
The Power
John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
The Hope for eternity with God only comes through Jesus, the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Are you willing to take the steps needed?

Have a good and Godly day.