Sunday, November 6, 2011

Seeking God

Seek God through His Word and listen to His instruction.

Our desire should be to be constantly in His presence. Psalm 27:4 - One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

The Greatest Commandment –   Love     God . Matt. 22:35-38 -One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: “`Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 'This is the first and greatest commandment.

God calls us to spend time with Him . Micah 6:8 - He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Boast in the Lord. Jeremiah 9:23-24 - This is what the LORD says:
"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD.

God doesn’t want us to just have knowledge of Him, but have intimate relationship with Him.Psalm 34:8 - Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. 

The Word today leaves us with 3 things: a challenge, a warning, and a benefit. Will you take them?

Psalm 27:1 -The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?

Have a good Godly day.