Thursday, December 15, 2011

Home for the Holidays


Home for the Holidays is popular holiday song by Perry Como.
Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays
'Cause no matter how far away you roam
When you pine for the sunshine of a friendly gaze
For the holidays you can't beat home, sweet home

I met a man who lives in Tennessee
And he was headin' for
Pennsylvania and some homemade pumpkin pie
From Pennsylvania folks are trav'lin' down
To Dixie's sunny shore
From Atlantic to Pacific, gee,
The traffic is terrific!

Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays
'Cause no matter how far away you roam
If you want to be happy in a million ways
For the holidays you can't beat home, sweet home

It’s a fun song, but its message rings true to most of us – there is no place like home! It’s a place where we can be safe, loved, accepted, and part of the family.

Jesus told His disciples in John 14: My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

A believer’s home is heaven, and Jesus is making it ready for you! That’s Good News worth giving this Christmas.

Have a good Godly day.