Sunday, February 12, 2012

Crowns


There are 5 Crowns Promised in the Bible.

The Incorruptible Crown – for those who overcome selfish and sinful desires of the flesh 1 Cor. 9:25-27,  “Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”

Crown of Rejoicing – for those who witness to and lead souls to Christ
1 Thes. 2:19-20, “For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? Indeed, you are our glory and joy.”

Crown of Life – for those who overcome in times of trials, temptation, and suffering Rev. 2:10- “Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.”

Crown of Righteousness – for those who look and long for the time Jesus Christ’s calls for His own 2 Tim. 4:8- “Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.”

Crown of Glory – for those faithful preachers and teachers who feed the people of God  1 Peter 5:2-4- “Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers--not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.”

Be wise today and always – live for Jesus.