Sunday, February 26, 2012

Jesus Loves Me?


Recently someone asked me why we were spending so much time memorizing Scripture about the Bible. They thought we should focus more on verses about Jesus and God’s love.

It made me think of a song I learned as a kid, “Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so…”

We grow up loving Jesus and believing He loves us, but as adults we are confronted with a world that does not accept this. When they ask us for proof or why we feel that way, what do we say? I learned it in a song?

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. DO what it says!” - James 1:22

We must know the Word. Apply it to our lives, and be ready to explain it to the world. May the Word of Christ dwell in you richly, and open your eyes to see the wonderful things in God’s law. Amen?

Be wise today and always – memorize the Word.