Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Send Me


What a wonderful scene is described in Isaiah 6:3-8 where the angels called to each other and said, 

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Armies. The whole earth is filled with his glory.”
Their voices shook the foundations of the doorposts, and the temple filled with smoke. So I said, “Oh, no!  I’m doomed.  Every word that passes through my lips is sinful. I live among people with sinful lips. I have seen the king, the Lord of Armies!”  Then one of the angels flew to me. In his hand was a burning coal that he had taken from the altar with tongs.  He touched my mouth with it and said, “This has touched your lips. Your guilt has been taken away, and your sin has been forgiven.” Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom will I send? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am. Send me!” Isaiah 6:3-8 (GW)

In this passage we see worship and obedience. I think they are pretty closely related. They shouldn’t be stand alone items in our relationship with God. We are obedient when we worship, and when we serve with obedience it should be with a worship filled heart!

If someone ever asks you if you are serving or worshipping – answer YES!

Be wise today and always – be ready to go!