Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Song Theology


There is great theology in the songs I learned in church as a child.

Jesus Loves Me this I know for the Bible tells me so, little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong. Yes Jesus loves me. Yes Jesus loves me. Yes Jesus loves me, for the Bible tells me so.

Jesus Loves the Little Children all the children of the world, red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world.

He’s got the whole world in His Hands, He’s got the whole wide world in His Hands, He’s got the whole world in his hands – He’s got the whole world in His hands (babies, children, mothers and Fathers, You and Me Brother)

Before the age of 5 and hearing my first sermon I knew:
1. Jesus loves me, and the Bible is promises it.
2. Jesus loves everyone regardless of who they are.
3. God is in control of the whole world.

Those are things worth reminding each other about. Amen?

Be wise today and always – trust the One in Control.