How do we show Jesus our thankfulness?Look at one story of thankfulness found in Luke 17:11-19
11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!” 14 When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed. 15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan. 17 Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” 19 Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”
Ten Were Healed – Only One Came Back
1. Only one broke the Levitical law about quarantine.
2. Only one understood what was happening to them in a deeper sense.
3. Only one went from lamenting to thanksgiving and praise.
4. Only one who came back was a Samaritan.
It wasn’t Suzy SS or Deacon Doug who truly understood (got it). It was the Samaritan! The guy that had no business at Jesus feet, but he was the only one who did.
5. Only one saw the difference between being healed and being whole. Nine lepers were so intent on following the law, but the one, who turned around and came back, saw a significant difference in his mind and heart. and clearly in the mind of Jesus, between being healed and being made whole.
Be wise today and always - always come back to Jesus with a grateful heart.