Sunday, December 16, 2012

Petitions for the Poor



For the next three days we will be praying for specific needs for the poor. We will be looking at what God’s Word has to say and focus our daily prayers on three needs.

1. Salvation Luke 4:18 - “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
    because he has anointed me  to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,

2. Justice Psalm 140:12 - I know that the Lord secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy.

3. Safety Psalm 12:5 - Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan,  I will now arise,” says the Lord. “I will protect them from those who malign them.”

Be wise today and always – pray that God’s mercy is seen by all.