Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hope for the Weary



We will be looking at Matthew 11:28-30 the next few days. It’s about hope for the weary, and a reminder that only God can give you rest

In Matthew 11:28 Jesus says,  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Let’s break it down a phrase at a time and see what other verses say. 

 Come unto me
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.
- John 6:35

all ye that labour, and are heavy laden;
Ephesians 2:1-3 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

And I will give you rest;
When he sees how good is his resting place and how pleasant is his land, he will bend his shoulder to the burden and submit to forced labor.
- Genesis 49:15

Be wise today and always – receive the rest of God.