Tuesday, January 8, 2013

No Burden



In Matthew 11:30 Jesus reassures us. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. What is Christ offering to us here?

 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Christ calls us to a profession of faith in him, and subjection to his ordinances, a yoke, in allusion to the law of Moses, and in distinction from it; and a "burden", with respect to the very heavy ones the Scribes and Pharisees laid upon the shoulders of the people, obliging them to a strict observance of them. Jesus removes this burden.

Will you accept God’s rest? 

Let's take a look at all three verses from the Message paraphrase Bible, and accept the hope God gives.

Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG) Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Be wise today and always – live and walk with God this year.