Monday, January 7, 2013

Soul Rest



In Matthew 11:29 Jesus says, Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Let’s break it down a phrase at a time and see what other verses say.

Take my yoke upon you
Psalm 23:2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.

And learn of me, for I am meek, and lowly in heart:
Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of
Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey. - Zechariah 9:9
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” – John 14:6-7

and ye shall find rest unto your souls;
This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it.'-
Jeremiah 6:16

Be wise today and always – find rest in Christ.