Saturday, March 23, 2013

God Sent


The stories in the book of Daniel give us inspiring insights into how God’s “great salvation” changes us from victims to victors. Our story and Daniel's are one of the same.

I can be victorious because “my God sent” (Daniel 6:22).

At the first light of dawn, the king got up and hurried to the lions’ den. When he came near the den, he called to Daniel in an anguished voice, “Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?”

Daniel answered, “May the king live forever! My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty.”

The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God (Daniel 6:19-23).

 Daniel was saved … because God sent someone …

God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life  (John 3:16).

I can be victorious over temptation and sin, shame and guilt, death and the devil, all the evil and filth of this world because “my God sent Jesus”.
 
Be wise today and always - accept God's gift of salvation and share it with the world around you.