Monday, March 18, 2013

God's Way

Jeremiah in the Old Testament is sometimes called the "weeping prophet." His life was full of hardship, ridicule, and rejection. All the while he was faithful and obedient to what God was calling him to do and say. His weeping was not on account of his physical woes, but because of the Jews rejection of God. 

He told them of their need to repent and turn back to God. Everyone from the King on down rejected the message and tortured the messenger. Jeremiah never gave up on his work, and even when defeat and captivity was imminent he still held out hope.
 
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-12

God knew that His people would return to Him, and would forgive.

Be wise today and always - turn to God in obedience not as a result of punishment.