Monday, April 22, 2013

Hope for Everyone

What happens when you have a bad day, and how do you normally respond to it?

Jeremiah not only had a hard day but a hard life. He really let the Lord know how he was feeling.

You pushed me into this, God, and I let you do it. You were too much for me. And now I’m a public joke. They all poke fun at me. Every time I open my mouth I’m shouting, “Murder!” or “Rape!” And all I get for my God-warnings are insults and contempt. But if I say, “Forget it! No more God-Messages from me!” The words are fire in my belly, a burning in my bones.
I’m worn out trying to hold it in. I can’t do it any longer! Then I hear whispering behind my back: “There goes old ‘Danger-Everywhere.’ Shut him up! Report him!” Old friends watch, hoping I’ll fall flat on my face: “One misstep and we’ll have him. We’ll get rid of him for good!” - Jeremiah 20:7-10 The Message

Jeremiah turned his despair into confidence in God in Jeremiah 20:13.

Sing to the Lord! Give praise to the Lord!

It is proper to express our hope in God by our praising him, and our praising God by our singing to him.

He rescues the life of the needy from the hands of the wicked.

Be wise todayand always - let Christ turn your day (and life) in to joy.