Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I Can

Think of any statement that starts out, I can. Most of the time it's a boast about what we can do by ourselves. What people need to hear is how we can with God's help, direction, and intervention. It will always be the better way to go. Consider the following:

I Can

Do… all things - Philippians 4:13 - I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Carry out… the work He has assigned me - Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Love… because I was loved first - Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Care… about others - Matthew 22:39 And the second (greatest commandment) is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself..”

See… the Hand of God in all of creation - Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth

Be wise today and always - "can" comes from Christ.