Saturday, August 24, 2013

Are You Pressing On?

We all hit spiritual and emotional walls. We all can get depressed, and overwhelmed.  When trouble visits you remember this encouragement for Paul.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained. Philippians 3:12-16
 
Keeping your eyes on the victory that awaits all believers can help you press on and through whatever life throws at you.
 
Be wise today and always - when you're feeling down look up to where your help comes from.