Saturday, October 5, 2013

What Were You Thinking?

I used to hear the comment, "You'd forget your head if it wasn't screwed on so tight!" I probably deserved it. My mind was not focused on what I should of been doing, and I let someone down. It is not good to disappoint other people, but it is a life changer when we disappoint God.

Take a look at Jeremiah 2:32:
 Does a young woman forget her jewelry, a bride her wedding ornaments? Yet my people have forgotten me, days without number.
 
In answer to the first question we'd say, "Of course not", unless they were careless or couldn't care less! Either scenario is not good. God deserves our best and our hearts. Our focus should remain vertical on Him at all times.
 
The indictment against Judah is serious. They have forgotten their God, and did not honor or live for Him anymore. God gives a chance to repent, but when we do not there will be a punishment. Jeremiah is warning them, but as we will see the people's hearts are hard, and will not change.
 
Sad isn't it?
 
Hmm... sounds a lot like what is happening around us in our culture. I pray that our hearts have not become too hard.
 
Be wise today and always - keep God in front of you and share Him with the world around you every day.