Friday, March 14, 2014

Dealing with Dry Bones

I love the Bible! It is an amazing book that is full of how to live life the way God intends for us. As a kid the story of the valley of dry bones always caught my attention (cool and creepy). As God has worked a miracle in my life of restoring my health and refocusing my mind I look at this passage with new eyes. 

Israel in their brokenness represents these bones but I believe we all have "dry bones" in our lives. As you read through, think of areas of your life that aren't functioning or dead. Maybe it's aches, pains, brain-fogs, tiredness, depression, obesity, anorexia, or just that gut feeling that something is not right. This Word is for you.

The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones.  He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry.  He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.
 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!  This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.  I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’” Ezekiel 37:1-6

The promise of God's Word breathing life in to "dry bones" is still available to all who call on Jesus' name. What do you need to ask for today? Will you receive the life that God wants for you to have?


Jesus can change your life - heart, mind, body, and soul. Be proactive - seek and you will find. Ask and you will receive the breathe of life and be made whole. But I will restore your health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord. - Jeremiah 30:17 


Read The Daniel Plan by Rick Warren (full of God's Word) and check out the Daniel Plan Website Here