Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Don't Stop Believing

In Matthew 26: 31-35 Jesus said to them, “All of you will stumble”.  Everyone of His close friends would all fall, turn, or run away.  But after He rose from the dead He would meet up with them again.

Then Jesus told them, “This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: “‘I will strike the shepherdand the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’ But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee.” Peter replied, “Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will.” “Truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.” But Peter declared, “Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.” And all the other disciples said the same.

This promise was lost on Peter. Maybe it was because of his arrogance, relying on his own strength, or trusting in self, but there was one thing that saved him. Jesus says in Luke 22: 31-32; Satan wants to sift you like wheat, But I have prayed for you! The prayers of Jesus stop the devil every time.

Do you know that Jesus prays for you as well? In John 17, I also pray for all those who will believe in me. Remember that the next time you start to doubt. It can keep you from stumbling or make a quick recovery.

God’s grace is worth believing in – don’t miss it.