Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Be a Tree

I remember how hard it was to earn my Nature merit badge when I was in Boy Scouts. My Counselor was a real stickler about learning trees by their leaf, bark, fruit, shape, and where they grew. It took me almost a year but when I was finished I knew my trees. Here we are almost 40 years later and I still know a lot about trees! 

One thing I remember every time I see a willow or sycamore is that there must be water nearby. They require a constant supply. These trees helped show pioneers where to dig wells. David tells us that a Godly person is like those trees.


If you stay connected with Jesus, the Living water, you will remain strong, prosperous, and fruitful. 


Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers. Psalm 1:1-4