Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It's a Good Day

According to family lore my first complete sentence was, "That makes me mad!" Seems like I've had a deep conviction of right and wrong for a long time. Or maybe like most of us I don't like it when things don't go my way. Today's verse isn't about our sense of right or wrong or happiness. It's about putting a smile on God's face.

God will lead us to the best path for our lives. This obedient action is described by David in Psalm 23, The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures: he leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul: he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

When we get over trying to do things "our way" and start doing things "God's way" life will greatly improve.

I like the way the Message puts it, True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.

Let Jesus guide your steps, words, and thoughts.