The word sheep is name God uses throughout the Bible describing mankind. There are Several Principles About Sheep You Need to Know to Understand Why We Resemble Them.
1. Sheep are dumb.
- You will never see sheep at the circus because they are untrainable.
- They wander around, get lost, heads down being led by their appetites.
Every man has an somewhat intelligent opinion about things until the topic turns to discussing God’s plan of redemption and remedy for sin (we’re just dumb).
2. Sheep are directionless.
- Sheep wander aimlessly, meandering about with no sense of direction. This is not true with other animals. They all have a sense of dricection.
Many men go through life like that w/o any real sense of direction. Many simply exist and have never learned how to live a life of purpose.
3. Sheep are defenseless.
- Almost every other animal is equipped with some way of defending themselves.
- Not sheep. They cannot fight, out run, or hide from a predator. They are virtually helpless.
A man without Jesus Christ is helpless on his own to fight the devil.
The Good News? Jesus Loves Sheep!
- He comes to our rescue (bearing our sins and God’s wrath).
- He suffered the hurt and humiliation, of our sin (agony on the cross).
Jesus died our death so we could live His life.
Romans 5:8 - But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. He is the only remedy for our sin.
John 10:11 - “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
Is Jesus your Good Shepherd?