God never changes. Jonah found that out. His instructions didn't change even though he disagreed and ran the other way. After being thrown overboard, swallowed by a fish, and spit back out on the shore he started; spoke to Jonah a second time: “Up on your feet and on your way to the big city of Nineveh! Preach to them. They’re in a bad way and I can’t ignore it any longer.” This time Jonah started off straight for Nineveh, obeying ’s orders to the letter.
There are 5 things that Doesn’t Matter to God when it comes to extending us His great grace.
- It doesn't matter what you have done. Jonah was totally disobedient - God forgives!
- It doesn’t matter where you’ve been. Jonah had been thrown into the sea and swallowed by a fish!
- It doesn’t matter who you are. Priest or pagean when God decides to use you He will
- It doesn't matter what your background is. Bible scholar or new believer - If you know Jesus then you know enough!
- It doesn't matter how you look or smell. If God has a plan for your life don’t bother running it won’t help.
After being thrown in the sea to be saved by a big fish Jonah decides to do what God said. When the city wasn't destroyed he said he'd rather die. He accepted God's grace, mercy, love, and forgiveness, but was not willing to give it to others. The Ninevites repented and were saved.
God's grace never changes. Have you accepted it? Here's the test: Do you give grace to others (even your enemies)?