Monday, November 3, 2014

Give Thanks

My life verse is from 1 Thessalonians 5, "Be joyful always pray continually, give thanks in all circumstance. For this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." It's meant a lot to me over the years, and has helped me keep my focus on God. Lately it has taken on an even greater significance.

Life has come at my family fast and hard over the last four months. Loss and heartache in many forms have not been strangers. It's been tough. But God is tougher! During these valley experiences we need to be reminded to "be joyful, pray, and be thankful". Remembering how God has been with you in the past reminds you He is with you now. By giving Him glory with a thankful heart positions us in the right direction - on God.

So I will praise Jesus during life's stormy season. I know He can stop the storm if He chooses. He also may allow it to continue but walk through it with me. Either way I know, it's going to be okay. It takes faith but it is His will for me (in Christ Jesus). Amen and amen. God is good...