Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Key to Power

The Bible tells us that if we confess our sins we will be forgiven of our sin and cleansed from all unrighteousness. This is the state of cleansing that God desires for us to be in. That's what Zechariah 1:3-6 is talking about - God’s people will be cleansed by their confession. 
Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty.  Do not be like your ancestors, to whom the earlier prophets proclaimed: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Turn from your evil ways and your evil practices.’ But they would not listen or pay attention to me, declares the Lord.  Where are your ancestors now? And the prophets, do they live forever?  But did not my words and my decrees, which I commanded my servants the prophets, overtake your ancestors?
“Then they repented and said, ‘The Lord Almighty has done to us what our ways and practices deserve, just as he determined to do.’”

We see two things here:

1. Repent (Don’t be like your ancestors) - Don't repeat the history of turning from God like we've studied in the Minor Prophets! Turn to God instead!                                                                                   
2. Remember God’s Word is forever (apply it, Joshua 1:7-9) Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.  Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” 

Do life God's way not your own way. Realize who is the true power source. So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty." Zechariah 4:6 
Amen?