Sunday, February 22, 2015

Go, Going, Gone

Today I is my last day as Senior Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Red Bank. This summer we would of celebrated our eighth anniversary here. On my first Sunday as Pastor I titled my sermon, "First Things First". My Scripture; - Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. - Mathew 28:18-20 My main point was looking at the word, "GO". It's a command, a service, and a call to evangelize.

Today's sermon is entitled, "GO". Maybe I'm one dimentional or boring, but I really can't think of any more important word in a believer's vocabulary. The text is the same and so is it's intent. When the Bible talks about Go - it is God telling us what to do, or how to live. When a Christian thinks about the word go, they should use it as an indication of where their walk with the Lord is at.

What areas of your life has God spoken to you about recently, and where is God telling you to “go” today? He has led Janine and I to Hopewell Baptist Church in Holton, Indiana. Next week will be our first Sunday. It is in response to what I say alll the time, Be where God wants you to be, and do what He has called you to do.

 Now is the time to make your decision to grow and go in in Jesus' name as His disciple. Amen?