Sunday, February 1, 2015

Send Me

In Isaiah  chapter six the prophet "sees the Lord" and responds to His call. We should always be looking for where God is working and be ready to answer His call to service. We can learn a lot from Isaiah in how we can see, hear, and respond to the Lord. “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty. Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.” Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!

Call  begins with a vision of God (6:1 “ he saw”)
-         In Romans 1 – God does show Himself to all – there are “no excuses”.
-         This is life changing – you’ll never be the same – you will be different.
-         It is not a job or vocation it is your life.

Call is confirmed by the voice of God (He speaks we listen)
-         The most important part of the Christian walk is to hear the voice of God – “My sheep hear and follow my voice”.
-         How? There are at least four ways:  A. Word B. Pray (listen) C. Circumstances D. Church – the problem is that sometimes we do not want to hear. We are a resistant, stiff necked people.

Call is fulfilled by the acceptance of the servant
-         We need to admit our inadequacies (Woes) – Quit asking - How God? It reeks pride, lack of belief, and remembering who God is!
-         We must surrender – Here I am send me!
-         We are called to an abundant life – Romans 10:9-12 – We are to be used by God.

Have you surrendered everything in your life? Here am I!