Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Hope Reminder

I came across a study I did on hope a couple of years ago. It was a great reminder of where our hope truly (and only) comes from. 


Hope defined:

The feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. “Hope” in Scripture means “a strong and confident expectation.”

What does the Bible say about hope? (180 times - 34 in Psalms)

Psalm 9:18 -But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.

Psalm 25:3 -No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.

Psalm 25:5 - Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalm 37:34 - Hope in the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are destroyed, you will see it.

Psalm 130:7 - Put your hope in the LORD(& His Word), for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.

Sometimes we get weary and our hope starts to fail, but we must remember that only God can give you rest. Jesus said in

Matthew 11:28-30 KJV “28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Come unto me (One of Jesus’ favorite words is Come…and see, follow me, to have life, And drink from the living waters)

The way to and the knowledge of God only comes through Christ. Therefore all matters of grace, hope, peace, love, happiness, and salvation are in His hands.  Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.
 - John 6:35 This is an invitation to all sinners…save us and give relief to distressed minds.

Believers can have rest and hope because we have the presence of God, the power of the Holy Spirit, and knowledge of Christ’s love and promises for us.

Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG) Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Let your life show God's hope every day. Amen?