Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Be Willing

We should always be ready to share our faith – even when it’s inconvenient. Peter tells us in 1 Peter 3:15, But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 

A few years ago I was on a train at rush hour wanting to finish a sermon I was writing. I had all my things out covering two seats. The train soon became filled. Soon a woman was standing next to me and staring at my seat. I really didn’t want to give up my space, but I did.
I explained I was working on something important, and went back to work. I could tell she was looking at my sermon, but I still didn’t want to engage in conversation.

I finally “came to my senses” and said, “I see your looking at my sermon”. She asked me to tell her about it. We engaged in a great conversation, and I was able to share the Gospel with her. 

The moral of my story is to always be prepared but to also be willing to share Jesus with the world.

Always be prepared and willing to do God's work. Amen?