At the Global Leadership Summit this year I heard I great presentation on being the best servant you can be. Desiring to be the servant God desires I bought the book he suggested, The New Gold Standard. The teaching contains five leadership principles for creating a legendary service experience.
1. Define and Refine –communicating the core identity and culture of your group
2. Empower through Trust – selection, training, and empowerment of servers
3. It’s Not About You –focus on others with empathy (can do attitude)
4. Deliver Wow! – actions needed to deliver a great experience
5. Leave a Lasting Footprint – aspire, achieve, and teach for a lasting impression
I believe that these are wonderful principles for welcoming people in to the church. The ironic thing is that these principles are from the training manual for employees of the Ritz-Carlton!
A luxury hotel experience should not be better than what we offer at God’s House. Let’s focus on giving our best. Amen?