Sunday, September 13, 2015

Church Love



There is a beautiful passage found in Psalm 71:14-18 that tells us how we should live our lives, and share what God has done.
As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. 15 My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, of your saving acts all day long—though I know not how to relate them all. 16 I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone. 17 Since my youth, God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Look what is said in the next verse about sharing with younger generations.
18 Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation,your mighty acts to all who are to come.
Those of us that are over 45 should take special note of this verse. We feel sometimes as we get older that we’ve done our share, or we’re ready to “sit and soak” in our churches. This is not Scriptural! Craig Groeschel says, If you are not dead – then you are not done! Next Sunday is Back to Church Sunday – we all have someone we need to talk (invite) to this week.
The conversation goes both ways, and we both have things to teach each other. See you in church.  Amen?