I have been so excited about all the life changes that have happened to my family and I recently. It perplexes me why someone would not want to have a better life. Then I read an article recently that got me to thinking. Everyone is searching for something, but until they find Christ they can’t go forward for the best that God has in store for them. Consider these five prominent characteristics of what people are searching for, according to a recent study.
1. Meaningful relationships (that special someone)
2. Immediate gratification (not waiting or showing patience)
3. Something for nothing (not willing to put in the time or effort to achieve goals)
4. Guilt-free living (not responsible)
5. Search for prosperity (wanting security)
The answers to all five of these desires are found in the Bible. In Jesus Christ we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. – Ephesians 1:7 An offering to the world!
1. The Lord offers something Personal, In Jesus Christ (That’s God loving the world through Jesus in relationship with those who believe.)
2. The Lord offers something Present, we have redemption (It is for now and all eternity y-“Christ in Me” – it cannot be any more personal than that.)
3. The Lord offers something that’s Provided, through His blood (It is free, no cost or condition, purchased by His blood)
4. The Lord offers something Profitable. The forgiveness of sins. (It’s like the “east is from the west” illustration in Psalm 103)
5. The Lord offers us something purposeful, according to the riches of His grace. It’s not out of riches like me giving you a $1 from my wallet. Out of riches would be like giving you blank check! It is all according to God’s rich supply of grace, mercy, love.
Your life quest is not something you need, but someone you really need. Receive Jesus today it will change your life. Amen?