Monday, April 25, 2016

Handling Hard Times


No one likes, hardships, troubles, loss, pain, or suffering. The Bible calls it tribulation. The good news is that we can grow, learn, and even benefit from them.

 And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.  - Romans 5:3-5


 I like this break down of this teaching from Paul.
1. Tribulation brings patience.
2. Patience brings experience.
3. Experience brings hope.  
4. This hope enables us to not be ashamed. 

 Are you going through trials right now? Most of us are to one degree or another. The difference is how we approach and handle them. 

Here's my working interpretation: 
I need to be patient, quiet, still, and wait for the Lord's help (and not try to "fix" it myself). 
I need to learn and apply my hurt to ministering to others (starting in my home and family).
 I need to never lose sight of the Great Hope Christ offers even in my circumstance (keep my focus vertical even when the world is falling apart to my right and left). 
I need to apply my walk and life experience with God to everything I do or think (by putting Jesus first it helps bring order).

Apply God's Word and the world's hurts to your life. Honor Jesus through it all . Amen?