Thursday, April 7, 2016

Pushing Through



There are times in all of our lives that we have push or press on through. It's hard and most of us don't want to go through it, but realize the Lord will see you through.

*Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, *I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained. - Philippians 3:12-16

Four components we must incorporate to have the kind of success God desires:

*God’s Word
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” - John 8:31-32

*Our Unity
Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. -Matthew 12:25

*Our Obedience
Jesus said, “If you love me, you will obey what I command. -John 14:15

*Our Love
Jesus said, By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” - John 13:35

Let us press on through the difficulties, the disappointments, and the displeasures of life. Keep your eye on the prize by keep looking up! Amen?