Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Taking Sides

God's Word says in Hebrews 10:24 says, "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful."

Think today about what God has promised you, and then think about the promises you have made to Him. Since God is faithful to us He deserves our faithfulness to Him in return. The truth was stated long ago, “If you are not with me, then you are against me”.

The psalmist did a good job describing the desired faith/hope relationship with God.
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? My tears have been my food day and night, while people say to me all day long,“Where is your God?” These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go to the house of God under the protection of the Mighty One with shouts of joy and praise among the festive throng. Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. - Psalm 42:1-5

Whose side are you on? You can tell by the choices you make. Amen or Oh-me?