Friday, September 23, 2016

Loving Bread


I admit that I really love all kinds of bread! Trying to limit my gluten has been tough. I like eating all breads – white, wheat, hard, soft, loaves, buns, pumpkin, garlic, sweet, banana, muffins, raisin, rolls, dumplings, rye, flat, bagels… - any way and any taste I really do enjoy them. There is one though that I don’t have to ever worry about consuming too much.  Jesus said in John 6:35, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry." Be filled with Jesus!
Being filled with God must have been what the psalmist was thinking in Psalm 34:8 which says, Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. When we obey the great commandment to love the Lord with all we have then He becomes a part of us as believers filled with His Spirit.
Consume the Word – Be filled with the Holy Spirit - satisfaction guaranteed. Amen?