Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Hope for the Lonely


Have you ever felt that something or someone was chosen over you? Sometimes we lose hope and feel alone. True hope can only come from God. Hope is defined by: The feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. “Hope” in Scripture means “a strong and confident expectation.”
What does the Bible say about hope? It is mentioned 180 times - 34 times just in Psalms. Here are ten of my favorite on hope.
Psalm 9:18 -But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.
Psalm 25:3 -No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.
Psalm 25:5 - Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 33:18 - But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
Psalm 33:20 - We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.
Psalm 37:34 - Hope in the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are destroyed, you will see it.
Psalm 42:5 - Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
Psalm 62:5 - Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.
Psalm 130:5 - I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.
Psalm 130:7 - Put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.
Jesus will never leave you. He is our hope. Amen?