Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Teachable


My Dad use to say that it’s good to learn something new every day. That’s great advice. When I was younger and in school that was a given (well most days). As I’ve grown it has become apparent that education can happen everywhere. A school building isn’t the only place to attain knowledge and training.  We should always be learning from God. The Bible says in Psalm 143:10, "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God: may your good Spirit lead me on level ground."
Let’s break that down:
“Teach me” – Be a willing learner!
“To do your perfect will” – By obedience and faithfulness!
For You are my God – Acknowledging who He is and what we’re not!
“May Your Good Spirit” – God is for our own good!
“Lead me on level ground” – You start on “level ground” and then grow!
Let’s be sure to follow God’s lesson plans.
We have a lot to learn. Amen?