Thursday, October 6, 2016

Together in Mission


In Colossians 1:24-28 we see the attributes of how Paul models God’s heart to the world. The second thing that is required is to have the Heart of a messenger. 25 I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness.

The Message says it like this: When I became a servant in this church, I experienced this suffering as a sheer gift, God’s way of helping me serve you, laying out the whole truth

The source of Paul’s calling is God’s commission* (with/together)
Our mission is within and with the church - to be able to share to the world the good news (by working together).

There are no Lone Rangers in God’s army, only team (God’s) players. We are on His mission together!

Make sure you are on the right team and you‘ll never lose! Amen?