Friday, November 4, 2016

I’m Mad


There are things that happen that should make us mad. Some may think that anger is a sin, but it’s not. The Bible is clear on this subject. God's Word says in Psalm 4:4, "In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent." So it’s not the anger but not to let it cause you to sin. Which is difficult. Jesus got mad but He never sinned.
For believers to gain this same type of control we need to take to heart the rest of this verse. Let’s break it down:
When you are in your beds – You can think clearly and rationally about what has happened or to come. Be still, quiet, and calm.
Search your hearts – Psalm 139:23 says, “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts”. Allow His thoughts and ways become yours.
Be silent – Allow God to speak and the Holy Spirit minister to you.
Do not let your temper rule who you are. Be still. Be quiet. Hear and Obey God.
Amen?