Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Healthy Life

Three years ago I read a book that not only drastically changed my thinking, but will allow me to live a more productive life. It's called the Daniel Plan by Rick Warren. It's important to follow God's plan, and set goals to bring Him glory. The following are from the book.

FIVE REASONS WHY I NEED TO SET PERSONAL GOAL 

1.   Goal setting is a spiritual discipline.
      “God plans to bring all of history to its goal in Christ. Then Christ will be the head of everything in heaven and on earth!” Eph.1:10 (GW)

2.   Goals focus my energy.
      “I do not run without a goal. I fight like a boxer who is hitting something—not just the air.”1 Cor. 9:26 (NCV)
      “Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.” Eph. 5:16 (NLT)

3.   Goals stretch my faith.
       “According to your faith will it be done to you.” Matt. 9:29
      “Everything that does not come from faith is sin.” Rom.14:23

4. Goals build my character.
      Paul: “I do not claim that I’ve already succeeded or have already become perfect. I keep striving toward the goal for which Christ Jesus has won me to himself.” Phil. 3:12 (TEV)
      “Then we will be mature, just as Christ is, and we will be completely like him.” Eph. 4:13 (CEV)

5.   Goals give me hope.
      Job: “I do not have the strength to endure. I do not have a goal that encourages me to carry on.” Job 6:11 (NLT)
      “The plans I have for you are plans to prosper you, not to harm you. They are plans to give you hope and a future.” Jer. 29:11 (NIV) 
I hope you are encouraged to do something to make your life healthier and happier. God desires you to be your best, and will help you. I will restore your health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord. - Jeremiah 30:17 

Change your life today, and set some goals. Read The Daniel Plan by Rick Warren, and check out the Daniel Plan Website Here