Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Year of Hope

At my church we have designated 2013 as the year of hope. Hope is eternal and if we don't have it we die. This idea of focusing on hope started with a saying of Bill Hybels, "The local church is the hope of the world." This resonated well in my spirit - knowing how true it is that we, the local church, is the vehicle that Jesus set up to proclaim the good news. I pray that the trend of not going to church will reverse itself this year.
Next I heard about My Hope with Billy Graham. We will be preparing all year for a global event to take place in November where Dr Graham will preach his last sermon, and we get to partner with him by bringing our friends to hear God's salvation message. It could turn in to a world-wide revival! Amen?
Then we also have what has happened in my area over the last couple of months: Hurricane Sandy and the shootings in Connecticut. The devastation and hopelessness that was brought on by these two events is staggering. More than anytime in my lifetime hope is needed.
We you join me this year to seek and share the Hope of God with all those around you? God is ready to do mighty works in our generation if we turn to Him.

Be wise today and always - receive and share the hope that Christ brings.