Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Bible Smarts


The Bible portrays wisdom as something that doesn’t come easily. To have wisdom implies many struggles but with understanding. It’s when we don’t understand why things are working a certain way that we are faced with the journey toward wisdom. 



Proverbs 22:17-19 - 17 Pay attention and turn your ear to the sayings of the wise; apply your heart to what I teach, 18 for it is pleasing when you keep them in your heart and have all of them ready on your lips. 19 So that your trust may be in the Lord, I am teaching you today, yes you.



Proverbs 22:17-19 (TLB) Listen to this wise advice; follow it closely, for it will do you good, and you can pass it on to others: Trust in the Lord.



Psalm 119:18 (CEV) Open my mind and let me discover the wonders of your Law.



Proverbs 2:1-5 (NIV) My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.



You need to - Open your mind to knowledge, turn your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding. Amen?