Thursday, June 26, 2014

Faith and Friends

My church family helps me grow in my faith and helps with making lasting friendships. The bible is clear on the fact that Christ followers are to spend time with one another in worship, discipleship, and encouragement.

Magnify (Honor) the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together! Ps 34:3
Let us go on ... and become mature in our understanding, as strong Christians ought to be. Hebrews 6:1
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24

My church family helps me with my friendships. It gives me a sense of belonging and part of God’s eternal plan.

You belong in God's household with every other Christian.  Ephesians 2:19
Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved ... (but) how can they believe if they've never heard? And how can they hear unless someone tells them? Romans 10:13-14

Thank you God for my wonderful family – the church.