Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Giving Gifts

If Jesus was never born we would not know about sacrificial giving.

Jesus taught us about how to give in Luke 21:1-4 As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. “Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

Jesus said - My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. - John 15:12-13 He gave up His life for us, and died in our place for our sins.

Because of Jesus’ willingness to come and give His life we can know eternity with God.

 Jesus promises eternity with God in heaven in John 14:1-3 Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.  My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

 In John 14:6-7 Jesus declared - Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

Thank you Jesus, the Giver of Gifts, for preparing and being the way!