Friday, June 15, 2012

Hated

 If you are ridiculed for what you believe remember you are in good company Jesus said in John 15:18, "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."

I think about how much Christ went through for me, and it makes me very humble. There is nothing in my life that seems so bad in comparison, but sometimes in ministry you can start to feel defeated. You work hard for the cause of Christ, and sacrifice so much. When you examine your results in numbers you become discouraged.


I had an older Pastor friend tell me one day this great truth. He said, " Jesus was the greatest leader, preacher, prophet, miracle worker, healer, and wisest person that ever walked on this planet, Yet even after all of that, plus returning from the dead, and ascending in to heaven His church still numbered only 120!"
It's not how big your church is, but what is your church doing for the Kingdom. That church of 120 from Pentecost forward turned the world upside down! 

Are you turning the world upside down for Christ?


Be wise today and always - be empowered by the Holy Spirit.