Tuesday, August 5, 2014

He Is Able

The last point of my teaching on Jeremiah 8:18-22 is that we need be aware and accepting of God’s healing. God responds to the prophet by saying,  Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is there no healing for the wound of my people? If sinners die of their wounds (sin), their blood is upon their own heads. The blood of Christ is balm in Gilead, his Spirit is the physician there, and the cure is available. The sick could be healed, but would not accept the prescription.

Let’s start by examining ourselves. Test me, Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.- Psalm 26:2-3 If you are like most people I know there are a lot of areas in your life that are "sick" and need attention.

So the question is, Do you want to get well? God is able.  I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from?  My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1 Look up today and start your road to recovery. Pray, Thank you Jesus for giving me Your grace during troubled times so that I can be healed. In Jesus name, Amen.