Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Change


Recently we’ve been talking about change. The biggest change that could happen in someone’s life is to accept Christ. The change doesn’t end there. I remember a song “The Change” by Steven Curtis Chapman


Well I got myself a T-shirt that says what I believe,
I got letters on my bracelet to serve as my ID,
I got the necklace and the key chain,
And almost everything a good Christian needs, yeah,
I got little Bible magnets on my refrigerator door,
And a welcome mat to bless you before you walk across my floor,
I got a Jesus bumper sticker,
And the outline of a fish stuck on my car,
And even though this stuff’s all well and good, yeah,
I cannot help but ask myself ………………………

What about the change, What about the difference,
What about forgiveness, What about a life’s that showing,
I’m undergoing the change, yeah, I’m undergoing the change.

Well I’ve got this way of thinking that comes so naturally,
Where I believe the whole world is revolving around me,
And I got this way of living and I have to die to every single day,
Cause if God’s Spirit lives inside of me, I’m going to live life differently,

I’m going to have to change; I’m going to have the difference,
I’m going to have the grace; I’m going to have forgiveness,
I’m going to have a life that’s showing, I’m undergoing the change.

God loves us just the way we are, but loves us too much to leave us that way!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, that person is a new creation. The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17

And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

What changes do you need to consider?
Have a good and Godly day.